The Slay Summit
AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoic and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, fading can discolor your permanent makeup.
Flu/Cold/Airborne Illness: Please stay home or reschedule your appointment if you have cold, flu, sinus/respiratory infection, or any airborne illness, COVID-19 symptoms.
Coumadin: Amount of bleeding and response to topical epinephrine will determine coverage per appointment. If excessive bleeding occurs, extra appointments may be necessary for desired outcome or procedure may not be effective.
Cancers/Chemotherapy: Doctor's clearance may be necessary.
Botox/Juvéderm or other "fillers": Get permanent makeup first or ask your injector/nurse for clearance.
Sunburnt clients should wait until that has subsided
Shingles (Varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
Eyelift or blepharoplasty: Wait about 3 months.
Pinkeye: After infection has completely cleared 1 week after medication cycle is completed.
If you have had keloids before, please be aware that this may cause a reaction.
If you smoke tobacco, you will have a hard time healing and retaining color.
Semi-permanent makeup is an ART AND a science. Results are extremely dependent on how one heals and will vary with each individual client. Semi-permanent makeup is a 2-step process. While come clients can achieve desired results in one session others cannot. Skin varies from client to client so two sessions are needed to reach desired results. This is a buildable service, the first session is mainly to lay the foundation and see how the skin takes to pigment. Successful results and specific color requests are not guaranteed (especially on those with problematic skin and/or cover up an old tattoo) and additional sessions, at a minimum charge, may be required to obtain desired results. Although I use premium products and provide quality services, every client heals differently and many factors can lead to varied results. I do not guarantee perfect proportions or symmetry as some bone structures and muscle movements do not call for it. The final shape is completely your decision, and tattooing will not start until you decide on the final shape. All services provided are non-refundable.
STRICT NO SHOW & LATE CANCELLATION CHARGES:
Clients more than 10 minutes late to their scheduled appointments will either be forced to reschedule (and pay late fee). IF YOU ARE A NO-CALL NO SHOW, I WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT YOU AS A CLIENT. Thank you for respecting my time.
A $75 deposit is required in order to book and confirm your appointment and will be deducted from the total cost of your service. 48 hours notice is required to reschedule or cancel your appointment. Deposits are non-refundable, so please be sure if semi-permanent makeup is for you. Please respect my time.
8-10 week touch ups are required. They are currently $50. If you do not return in 8-10 weeks, you forfeit the price and will pay the 6 month touch up price.
Before Your Appointment
Client should avoid caffeine and alcohol 48 hours before the appointment. Also, avoid taking Vitamins C, D, and E, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, Biotin, and Fish Oil 72 hours before the appointment.
If you do take these vitamins regularly, its important to discontinue them 72 hours after your appointment as well. They will cause excessive scabbing.
You should stop using AHA/BHA skincare products about a week before.
After Your Appointment
Discontinue Vitamins C, D, E, Fish Oil, Biotin, and Niacin 72 hours after appointment as it will cause excessive scabbing.
Applying sunscreen daily, 4 weeks after appointment helps with the longevity of the brows and protecting them from fading as quickly.
Follow Proper Aftercare as outlined to achieve best results.
After Care Instructions
First 72 Hours:
Your only responsibility is to keep the brows clean and remove lymph. Blot your brows every 2-3 hours if lymph is present, otherwise clean your brows 2-3 times a day.
Clean your brows morning and night and follow behind it with provided cream. Make sure to apply a paper thin amount of cream. Brows need to breathe to heal. Feel free to apply additional cream throughout the day if brows feel dry and stiff.
• NO TOUCHING. Be as careful/gentle as possible! Your retention/results depend entirely on your ability to follow proper AFTERCARE. If you scratch, rub or pick, you will RUIN your results. A few days of dark scabbing or flaking skin is NORMAL and a part of the process. Pigment will be permanently pulled out with the removal of any premature scabs and require a 3rd session at your expense... so don't mess with them!
• NO PRODUCTS/MAKEUP. Absolutely no harsh cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 2 weeks. Always avoid retinol/anti-aging creams as they fade tattoos! Makeup is OK around the brow area followed by very careful facial cleansing (use makeup wipes or washcloth).
• NO WATER. Avoid getting them wet, no direct water on your face in the shower for 2 weeks. Crack the bathroom door during showers to avoid "sauna effect".
• NO SUN. Avoid tanning/direct sun exposure for at least a month. It's never a good idea to make your tattoo susceptible to a deep tan or sunburn as it will cause fading.
• NO SWEAT. Avoid heavy sweating for at least two weeks, if possible. Skip Cardio the first few days. The salinity in your sweat is BAD for healing! Participate in intense workouts at your own risk, wearing a hat/headband to eliminate facial sweating.
• NO TREATMENTS. Do not get any other treatments on the area such as botox, facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for at least one month.
• NO SLEEP. Kidding! But be sure to avoid sleeping on your face for as long as possible. Sleep like the princess you are!
PLEASE feel free to text me (281.905.2922) anytime with questions/updates, and don't forget to schedule your Perfecting Session 8-10 weeks out! After 4 weeks, it is recommended to apply sunscreen daily to the brows to protect them from the sun!
After Care Instructions
FIRST 24 HOURS ONLY
• NO TOUCHING.
• NO PRODUCTS/NO MAKEUP. Absolutely no harsh cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 24 hours.
• NO WATER. Avoid getting them wet, no direct water on your face in the shower for 24 hours. Crack the bathroom door during showers to avoid "sauna effect".
• NO SUN. Avoid tanning/direct sun exposure for 24 hours.
• NO SWEAT. Avoid heavy sweating for 24 hours.
• NO TREATMENTS. Do not get any other treatments on the area such as botox, facials, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for 24 hours.
Apply the given aftercare product to brows starting 24 hours AFTER your appointment, for 7 days. Apply the product to the treated area ONLY, with given micro-applicators at night and remove in the morning.
Clients that are Contraindicated
(cannot be treated):
Under 18 years old
Diabetics (consult with your doctor first)
you have a risk of healing slow and getting an infection
Pregnant and breastfeeding
If you take blood thinning medicines (i.e.Aspirin)
Skin diseases in the brow area (eczema, psioriasis, rashes, flaky skin)
Allergic to makeup or pigments
Those with easily triggered post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
Those with transmittable blood conditions (HIV or Hepatitis)
Active Skin Cancer
Those that have healing disorders
Using Skin medications (Accutane/Isotretinoin or steriods)
Taken Doxycycline in the past 6 months
Please let me know if you have had allergic reactions to topical anesthetics or pigments. We can perform a patch test if needed.